Sticky Throttle / Sticky Choke

Sticky Throttle / Sticky Choke

Fired up the his-and-hers V30's last night and noticed two problems, one on hers, and one on mine.


I noticed the throttle on my V30 sticking. How can I tell whether I need to lube the cable, or the throttle grip?

The Honda Service manual isn't particularly helpful on this. It tells me to lube the throttle grip but does not say how.

I'm sure you old hands will laugh at such a basic question -- but I'm new to this and I'd like to have a procedure in hand before tearing it apart trying to figure it out. I don't mind tearing things apart and putting 'em back together, but with such a knowledgeable group, why stumble in the dark when someone who's been there before can shed some light.

Any tips or gotchas welcome!

Thanks.


1984 VF500C V30 Red "Katie" (hers) 1984 VF500C V30 Black "Raven" (mine)
MSF BRC Grad: 2000 (her); 2004 (me)

No comments:

Post a Comment