Decreased clutch function when warm

Took Raven out for a spin and noticed that the clutch gets very grabby when everything is warmed up. Clutch action is smooth, and seems to have a wide band of "friction zone" when the bike is cold. It seemed like the friction zone shrank when the bike warmed up.

I never notice any spongy-ness in the clutch line, like you would in a hydraulic brake line . But I'm wondering if crappy clutch control could just also be water vapor in the hydraulic line. It would probably feel different in a clutch than it would on a brake.

I could barely get the damned thing back home, it'd kill it to release the clutch in first gear from standing still, no matter how slowly and gently I did it.

I'd welcome any thoughts or suggestions (except "buy a new bike"). As always your help is appreciated.

Regards,
Ted

1984 VF500C V30 Red "Katie" (hers)
1984 VF500C V30 Black "Raven" (mine)

No comments:

Post a Comment