Phantom Leak

I wrote last week about my wife's tank dripping gasoline onto the rear head. I saw with my own eyes the gasoline sheeting down the fuel line from the tank. But I could not spot the leak in the tank.

I took off the tank, disconnect the fuel line and vent tube from the main tank. They were so tight, I can't imagine that they were leaking...

I plugged the drain and vent, filled the tank with a gallon, and waited. Not a drop.

WTF?

I removed the fuel line and vent tube from the reserve tank, and inspected them. They appear fine. I filled them with water, plugged up one end and tried to blow on the other end. Not a drip, not a drop escaped.

I can't make the mofo tank leak!

My wife's wanting to ride, so I'm gonna put it all back together and save the POR-15 tank treatment (and choke cable replacement) for sometime in freeking january, so she can get back on the road.

We'll keep a close eye on it. Hopefully she'll be able to stop and hop off the bike just before it bursts into flames!

No comments:

Post a Comment