Trouble In Hogtown

The financial situation is bleak. But at least some consumers can justify buying new cars. Imagine the situation at Harley Davidson (NYSE:HOG), the manufacturer of the ultimate discretionary item.

Wisconsin - Andrew Snyder (TodaysFinancialNews.com) - If I were a General Motors (NYSE:GM) dealer, I would be holding onto every penny I have and praying it gets better. If I were a Toyota (NYSE:TM) dealer I would be saying, “So this is what it feels like to be from Detroit.”

But if I were a Harley Davidson (NYSE:HOG) dealer, oh boy, I would checking the value of my property and working my way into a new franchise. Even during a severe repression, consumers and businesses need new cars and trucks. But almost nobody can justify a must-have motorcycle.

Read the rest of the article at Brain Bucket Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment