Don't Ride Ugly



The folks at Fulmer Helmets are sponsoring this website, www.dont-ride-ugly.com. It has some humorous photos.

Putting my advertising/marketing analyst hat on, I can see that the subtext of this website is a marketing message. Fulmer wants to associate themselves with moto fashion, and wants to use humor to communicate the message -- that not wearing your helmet is a fashion faux pas. They don't say it in as many words, but "Don't ride ugly, ride fashionably. Wear Fulmer Helmets."

I like ad campaigns that are indirect like this; viral campaigns that use humor. The website doesn't have any traditional ads. No marketing copy. Just a brand name in the logo. Just funny pics that will make you send the web address to your friends.

This is how it came to my attention -- a fellow rider sent it to me. And as a result, I have more awareness of the Fulmer brand than I did before.

Marketing 101.

No comments:

Post a Comment