Dyna Beads?!

I paid the local Honda dealer to install a new front tire on my ST1300. since I have no tire changing experience or equipment.


When I picked up the bike I saw a line item on the work order I wasn't expecting:


Dyna Beads


I had to look it up.  It turns out "Dyna Beads" is a product of Innovative Balancing, which supposedly dynamically balances the tire.




From their website: 
Dyna beads uses a high-density ceramic bead that, when ...installed, continuously balances your tires as you drive. The amount of material will distribute itself in weight and position dependent on the balance requirements of the individual tire.


The result is a smooth, vibration-free ride, derived from our balancing media that is always repositioning itself as the tire wears. If you own a pickup truck, commercial truck, motorhome, RV, tractor trailer, motorcycle, or similar vehicle, and want to get rid of those wheel vibration and tire cupping problems, then you need to move up to Dyna Beads®!


The website included lots of pictures and information about installation.

I hadn't intended to participate in a product trial, but I guess I am.  The dealer didn't ask me about this, they just did it. 


However, the previous front tire was badly cupped.   Dyna Beads claims to reduce cupping.  We'll see how this product performs in my real-life test. 



4 comments:

  1. Do they work? It's a hot topic on some of the discussion boards. Do Dyna Beads Really Work?!?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be interesting to hear what you think of them. I'd trust you over marketing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'd think the dealer would ask your permission before involving you in something that could be called controversial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am quite interested to hear too. We have had a lot of discussion on them on DRRiders.com too.

    ReplyDelete