Suzuki Intruder won't start (again)

My daughter is away at college.  

Today she called me, unable to start it. Turn the key on, there's dash lights etc. As soon as she presses the start button, the lights go out and stay out. Turn the key off and on, dash lights come back on. Try to press the start button, and repeat the whole sequence.Had her charge the battery on a trickle charger, which is a bit of a challenge when she had to run her extension cord off the apartment balcony, across the yard to the parking lot. She charged it for 5 hours before campus security put an end to her extension-cord-across-the-yard shenanigans. Same result.She does not have a multi-meter. (Now ideas for her graduation presents are becoming clearer in my mind).

 
The battery is less than two years old.My thoughts are the kickstand kill-switch is bad, or maybe the start button itself. Or, maybe the battery went bad in under two years, which, if true, tells me something is killing batteries on this bike.

 

Changing the battery on this bike is a nightmare.  But this video shows a decent way to jump it; I'll give that a chance first.  


 



No comments:

Post a Comment