Leaky Tank

It's me again.

Both V30's have been running trouble free since June 6, when I got mine back into service. So we were due for a little tinkering, I reckon.

My wife gets home from her night ride. I notice a gas smell from her bike. I hear a dripping/sizzling sound, liquid dripping onto hot surface and sizzling.

Did you overfill your tank?

No.

A little bit of poking around confirmed that gas was dripping from under the tank onto the rear head. It was sheeting down the tube and running.

I siphoned the gas out of the tank and tipped it up for a better look.

I'm assuming it's the tank and not the tubing.. If that is a correct assumption, is there a gas tank leak stopper treatment that you would recommend?

Meanwhile I'm off to browse for V30 gas tanks on eBay.

Meanwhile, I'm riding mine to work every day. I offered her the use of my V30 for her evening rides until I get her tank fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment