Motorcycle Haiku

Plentiful Fall Fruits
Walnuts roll in the corners
Puckered my saddle

Lovely Autumn Leaves
So pretty, so slick when wet
Motorcyclists beware

Holiday shoppers
Intent on loved ones gifts
Motorcycles invisible

face to face we fly
insect meets the biker's eye
short life ends in sight

flying down the road
so poignant you splatted, bug
better you than me

highside wreck today
skin graft needed on my back
should have worn leathers

bike went down today
now must spend many dollars
please don't tell the wife

Autumn trees blazing
Mountain roads are delightful
Cool air, new tires, GO!

West Virginia roads
My machine runs perfectly
Pegs scrape, engine's roar

Silly cage, look out
downshift once and let 'er rip
blue-shift in my mirr'r

Cresting hills, front air
We sing in a harmony
thanks God, for the fun

Fulgent maples fire
They're lit as if from within
so lovely I weep


Working late tonight
Riding home in the darkness
Forest rats must die

Rain rain go away
I must go riding today
Blacktop beckons me out

Flicking left and right
My helmet hears my laughter
My heart fills with joy

Good God, what a rush
Strafing, flying, and laughing
Riding makes me high

No comments:

Post a Comment