V30 Engine Pull

It's time to pull the engine out of my defunct V30 so that I can disassemble and part it out.

Any tips on pulling the engine? I have read the Honda shop manual, and it has a bare minimum of info. It says to remove the bolts, then remove the engine from the left side.

Anyone have any tips or pointers?

I was originally hoping to lift the frame off the engine while leaving the engine up on blocks. But as I sit and manipulate the engine in 3D in my brain, I don't see how that will work.

Now that I've studied matters, I'm thinking it needs to be:


  • remove the bolts

  • tip the engine forward

  • twist the engine so that the rear of it protrudes to the left of the frame, and lift it out.



Surely someone has done this and can offer some tips.

Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment