The Uninspiring Honda ST


I'm always up for an eloquent critique of motorcycles, like Dennis's quote in the recent Cycle World about the (coyote ugly...) Victory Vision. (...can't put my hands on his quote right now ... )

This month's Motorcyclist Magazine has an interesting quote about the Honda ST. -

"The big V-4 sport-tourer has been as reliable as continental drift, though superficial types say it's only slightly more engaging to ride."

And then there's Brian's classic "I wouldn't be caught dead on a Honda..."

I'm reminded of the BMW K1200RT ad that I saw a year or two ago that said "finally a touring bike that doesn't handle like an oil barge..."

Which was a quote that I loved but didn't fully understand until I bought a Gold Wing. Shortly after purchasing the bike I nicknamed it "The Exxon Valdeez" -- inspired by the insightful BMW ad.

No comments:

Post a Comment