Harley Headlight Modulator

Caging it today, headed home I wanted to change lanes, checked the mirror. Attention was drawn to a motorsickle with modulating headlight.

I didn't change lanes, and as he drew closer I saw that it was not a headlight modulator at all. It was a Harley. The modulation was caused by the vibration which shook the entire front end of the bike. It varied with his RPM.

Hmmmm ... I thought it was just a side-effect of the single-crankpin engine design. Now I see it's a safety feature!

4 comments:

  1. it's a safety feature...until the vibrations shake out your
    axles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sittin' on those big hogs at a stoplight is like sitting on top of a paint shaker machine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, only handlebars shake bad...the bike shakes gooooooood....I don't mind getting caught at a light.....mmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, only handlebars shake bad...the bike shakes gooooooood....I don't mind getting caught at a light.....mmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete