Mustang Back Support

I couldn't abide the stock Honda seat on my 3rd Gen Magna, so I upgraded to a Mustang two-up Saddle.

It is comfortable on the underside, I can ride all day without getting a sore butt, but it does seem to promote an unhealthy slouch.

My wife made the same observation about her Mustang seat ... more comfortable than stock but does something adversely affecting posture. Stock for her was a solo seat, which wouldn't do, and is why we went with Mustang.

Both of us have cruiser-style bikes (I realize I may have eliminated 3/4 of the list with that demographic...) one sabmag and one HD.

Both of us have similar requirements ... two up seating (we each ride our own, and occasionally take one of our children with us). And healthy back posture for the driver.

Anybody fought this battle and have some helpful tips? I've looked at Mustang's with driver backrest, and from the looks of them (but haven't sat in one) it seems the driver backrest would be too far back to provide the needed support.

I guess I need to find someone who has one to test sit, or pony up the dosh for a purchase from www.DennisKirk.com -- who has apparently a free-return policy which I haven't tested out but seems promising. But I would have to pony up full retail price for such an experiment.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment