A Lonely Motorcycle Dealership

Took my kids, ages 8 and 10, to the local Honda / Kawasaki dealership on Saturday. I wanted to size a dirt bike for my son, the 10-year-old. The dealership was pretty dead, as you might expect in January I suppose.

Honda CRF70F


Salesman recommended a Honda CRF70F as the proper size for both kids. I missed the December incentive price of $999.

With my budget, I may be looking for a basket case to work on with my son.

While my kids were dreaming about dirt bikes, I looked around the rest of the dealership.

Honda DN-01


They had a butt-ugly DN01, which interests me not in the least. They didn't have an ST or the new VFR.

Honda NT700V

They did have the NT700V, which I sat on and really liked the seating position. Seems like a practical bike. Seemed less of a stretch, more upright than the ST1300 that I remember sitting on.

Kawasaki ER-6n


What really interested me, quite honestly, more was the Kawi ER-6n and the Versys. When the ice melts off the roads I may return for a test drive of the ER-6n.

6 comments:

  1. I stopped at the local MC dealer last week. Same story, lots of discounted price tags but no customers. They had a NT700 on the floor for $10k. Like you said it sat very nice. Lots of STorage. Sort of like a smaller ST. But a 750cc V4 instead of a 700cc VTwin would make it a must have for me. I'll have to try a demo ride to see if it is a mini ST or a Dullville.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here. Visited the large local Big 4 dealer yesterday and it was dead. Dealer has a leftover '09 Kawasaki ZX-6R (with a few scratches - was dropped by an employee) for $6k. Not bad. If I were in the market for a 600cc supersport...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out this link ... the same rider reviews the Versys, the ER-6f and the ER-6n.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Kawi Rider, I confess I didn't know there was an ER-6f. Hmmmm, decisions, decisions....

    ReplyDelete
  5. ER-6F - Otherwise known as the Ninja 650 in the USA.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I see, I have seen them and prefer the ER-6n, naked variety, instead.

    ReplyDelete