No Motorcycle Expo



I drove the family of four to the Indianapolis Motorcycle Expo this afternoon. We arrived shortly before 3 p.m.; 2 hours before it closed.

The clerk at the ticket office said, "40 dollars please".

I had forgotten kids were 8 dollars; I was thinking kids under 12 were free. I had been expecting something on the order of 20 bucks.

I said, "Forget it".

Though I was somewhat interesting in seeing the Xtreme Sports performance, I wasn't up for $40 bucks for two hours entertainment.

I've enjoyed it in times past. I usually buy something there. I bought my leather jacket there for a good price, right after a got into motorcycling.

I think they ought to pro-rate admission for the waning hours of a show like this.

Sure, I should have looked at the show hours (and double-checked the rates) before I hauled everyone down there.

The kids were cool about it; they weren't overly upset.

2 comments:

  1. Outrageous price! In this economy you'd think they would make it more affordable for families.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it was as bad as last years show. You are WAY ahead by skipping it. It is more fun going bike store hopping on a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete