Boot Search

Cycle Outfitters in Indianapolis is a great place to buy gear. Though I haven't been able to ride, I am still in the market for some new riding boots.

So I paid them a visit, and tried on several pairs of boots.

I would've tried on the River Road "Engineer Boot" if they'd had them in black. They looked so good on Arnold in "Terminator 2" that I can't resist them. Even though I doubt they'd make the transition to sport touring. Some attire only belongs on a cruiser.

There weren't many choices. A few "tennis shoe" looking things which barely covered the ankles. A few truly gawdy cruiser-style boots with buckles and fringes. A bevy of dirt-bike style boots, which I'm really not going for.

I settled on the Tour Master Solution 2.0 Waterproof boots. The size 12 seemed a little to tight across the ball of my foot, so I looked for a larger size. A 12.5 fit the ball of my foot, but was sloppy and loose at the heel. What I really need is a 12 Wide, which of course, the manufacturer doesn't make.

Another odd thing about the Tour Master boot was the way the heels were shaped. The inside of each heel seemed shorter than the outside. This made the boot slant inward, and gave me a slightly knock-kneed stance. If I noticed it walking around the store while trying the boots on, I'd surely notice it -- and probably suffer for it -- if I were to wear the boots for any length of time.

So, unfortunately, I left empty handed. No boots for me this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment