Yamaha Demo Days: Review of the Super Tenere and the R3

 

I test drove a Yamaha Super Tenere and my daughter drove a YZF-R3 at todays Yamaha Demo Days. She did great after being a bit nervous riding a brand new shiny bike.
 
I don’t think I’ve attended a demo day before - not where there’s a factory-supplied truck and team hosting the event and taking you on a sedate, ten mile loop.
I walked up to the tent to ask the dude if they still had slots open for rides. 
 
He said “what do you wanna ride?” 
 
 And I said “whaddaya got?” 
 
He made a face like this:
😐
Which I interpreted as “I hate you, and also, I think I hate my job”
 
I settled on the Tenere having heard so many friends endorse it. 
 
My review: It was okay. Perfectly capable. Steady. Comfortable.  Not exciting.
 


My daughters review of the R3 - handles really well, turns really well. The suspension is great ( — compared to her ‘95 Intruder) and the throttle was really smooth. 
 
“It was easy to restart after I killed it - twice. Then I got the hang of it and it was really nice.”
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment