Re: !)(^*% Battery

Someone wrote a lengthy diatribe on my parent's heritage and my personal hygeine, concluding with:

Don't expect us to do all the work for you 8^) every time. It's allthere for free from the battery manufacturer's web sites. Use Googleto find them. Do your homework and become the expert. I don't have aVF-500C so I have zero incentive to find the information for you, butI did it in about 10 minutes because I was bored. Do it yourself andsave someone else the work. Consider it your payback to the list forall it's done for you over the years.

To which I say:

Ouch, ouch, ouch. Okay I deserved that, but ouch.

We're a grumpy bunch this week, eh?

I can take it.

Even the comment about me expecting the list to do all the work for me all the time. Not true!

I do tons of research and reading, but often also bounce questions off this list for input. When I succeed (or even when I fail) at fixing something myself I post that to the list as well. I know it's a give and take and I hopefully will do my share of both. You gotta know that since I've never turned a wrench prior to owning our two bikes last year that I'm gonna ask a buncha dumb questions. But don't think that I'm expecting list members to do all the work for me.

Also, folks tell me thanks for asking these questions. Folks benefit from me sticking my neck out and asking questions. Folks contact me months later because they remember I've been through something that they are now facing. To me, that's contributing to the list even though it may take place off-list.

Meanwhile, I'm going to keep researching and keep asking dumb questions and keep getting sh*t occasionally for it.


I sifted through the rest of what was said to find:

Match up the closest fitting AGM battery which has dimension NOTMORE than the stock battery. You can always install a smaller battery, but not a bigger one in most cases.

I admit I did very little research before posting comments about my !)(^*% Battery. Shame on me. I've done more research since and will continue to share my findings with the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment