Wussi

Someone at my place of employment has been riding a yellow scooter to and from work. No joke, the brand name is "Wussi".

Don't know where it is made, but the website is in Spanish.

Us biker types at work have been having a field day with it. Just because the name is so fitting; it matches what a biker thinks of a scooter rider.

Today I was thankful to the Wussi rider for saving my parking space. There is a little oblong triangle of parking space in the garage where cars don't really fit, and are not supposed to park. These little triangles are just about perfect for motorcycles. Most of the motorcyclists in the company park their rides in these little triangles. There is one Hummer who parks in the motorcycle spot because he is too special to park where he belongs. He crams his SUV in a spot not designed to hold it. If I am not at work by 8:15 he takes "my" spot. Without fail.

(I am very self-conscious about calling it my spot, cause really, it doesn't have my name on it. But it is at the very least, very specifically not his spot. His pig does not fit. He parks at odd angles, encroaching on the neighboring car's space, making it difficult for everyone else. I would still think he's inconsiderate, even if it wasn't "my spot" where I "normally" park.)

Today I was later than 8:15 but there was no gleaming pig of a Hummer in "my" spot. Instead, there was a Wussi.

Nice thing about motorcycles (and scooters) is you can fit two or even three in the space of one Hummer.

So today I parked next to the Wussi, and was thankful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment