Memphis Slims for Honda Magna



Memphis Slim 17" smoke.

I bought the shield and the mounting brackets from two different sellers on eBay. The shield finally arrived tonight and I installed it right away. I like the looks of it.

Time and a test drive will tell me whether I guessed right about the appropriate windshield height.

I tried a test fit on my wife's VF500C just to see and it does not fit -- rectangular headlight does not line up well with the brackets and the headlight cutout. There are other brackets specific to the VF500C that I will have to track down. My thoughts were to share the shield with my wife. Let her use it on our jaunts together -- she has more of a need for wind protection than me; I tolerate the cool air better than her. I would use the shield during the coolest commutes.

Note the width of the shield and the position of the front turn signals. A few websites have recommended the turn signal relocation kit when installing the Memphis Slims on the Magna, but I feel that the turn signals are still adequately visitble. The shield does encroach on the top fraction of the signal, but I don't feel this is a significant impairment of the signal's visibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment