You don't need a hibachi to cook Japanese



You don't need a hibachi to cook Japanese.

So I'm riding through the city and I pass this guy over the bridge. Apparently, he wasn't too happy about it, because he wound up trying to pass me back. Guess he saw that BMW logo and decided to put me in my place.

Well, that didn't happen. Because I shifted up a gear, flicked the throttle, and there went Mr. Hot Shot Racer Boy, disappearing in my rearview mirror. I guess he didn't know that I was packing 163 horsepower.

But you know what? He knows now.

The K1200R is the most powerful naked bike ever.

The ride is on. BMW.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's funny to see BMW stirring a rivalry with Japanese race bikes. For year the most famous rivalry was between Harley Davidson and the Japanese bike makers. Harley filing lawsuits. Harley appealing to the US Government to impose protectionist trade legislation - tarriffs - to protect them from imports of 750c and up.

    So for BMW to take aim at Japan like this is a welcome switch.

    BMW has always been above the fray. Better bike. If you didn't automatically understand that, no one could explain it to you.

    So for them to compete in this manner is quite a shift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember there was some discussion about the technical accuracy of the narrative. The ad says, "I shifted up a gear, twisted the throttle, and left so-and-so behind...".

    But to execute a pass, usually you drop a gear. Did the ad's author not understand the essence of "passing gear"? Was it an oversight?

    ReplyDelete