Custom V30 Headlight

My first-ever foray into motorcycle customization; I wanted to give my wife a windshield for her V30. There are very few options which work well and look nice for a cruiser with a rectangular headlight; there are far more options when dealing with a round headlight. So, I decided first step was to convert from rectangular to round. Also, at the same time, the stock turn signal location simply would not do. I would have to relocate them lower in order to make room for the windshield.

I ended up installing custom fork ears to hold the new headlight. I had purchased both the headlight and the fork ears for my aborted GL1100 Interstate "make-into-a-standard" project. Ended up selling the bike instead of customizing it.

I will install similar turn signals on the back.

I've posted pictures.

Photobucket Album
Almost Finished (Improper Cable Routing)

I'm almost finished with the whole project. I didn't get a chance to route the main harness properly but buttoned everything back together. Ran out of time. Shouldn't be much time remaining to route the cable properly. Also haven't shrink-wrapped the wires yet.

I had to lower the headlight which meant doing away with the stock fusebox and horn housing. I mounted the horns, splayed them at a 45 degree angle from the mount points, which positions them slightly wider than stock. Didn't want to leave the fuses sitting out exposed to I used a radio shack plastic project box to house them. Mounted the project box to the lower triple tree (where the stock "Honda Emblem" chrome-plastic piece is supposed to mount).

I wonder if I need to be concerned about heat inside the fusebox? Stock was not airtight. This one is. Could drill some airholes in the underside if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment