At The Corner Of Fashion and Safety

I wear my gear for protection, not for fashion.  So I am always bemused by riders who put such a high emphasis on fashion.

I know one Harley Rider who wouldn't ride to work except on Fridays because blue jeans weren't allowed Monday through Thursday, and things just didn't "look right" when he rode wearing anything but blue jeans.

I would never have this problem; I can commute any day ... my blue jeans never show anyway, as I'm always wearing my trusty pair of Alpinestars Mesh Tech 2.0 overpants.  They cover dockers as well as they cover blue jeans.

So when a friend sent me this link, I had to laugh.  Apparently faux motorcycle jackets are making a comeback in the world of fashion.

Most of which, the article deftly notes, seem suited  "for men that couldn't find themselves on a motorcycle if one ran them over."

Wear your gear.  Make it stylish if you want.  Just make sure you are protected!


(( Check out the fine product pictured, here ))

2 comments:

  1. $2400 for a Jacket? That is what I paid for my bike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine dropping 24 c-notes for a jacket. I'd rather put that money in a bike.

    But, the whole idea of the ATGATT Rat was that I spent more money on my gear than on my bike... way back when, when I got started.

    But that was on account of the cheap bike I bought, rather than the overpriced fancy gear. That sort of defeats the purpose.

    ReplyDelete