If you don't ride in the rain, you don't ride.

I know plenty of fair weather riders who won't get on the bike if there is rain in the forecast.

 I take a slightly different approach. If I listened to the weather forecasts there would be plenty of good riding days that I would miss. Instead I trust my eyes. If it's raining at my front door . . . and I'm heading to work . . . I won't ride. Otherwise I will.  I'm not worried about the weather after I arrive at work. I'm not worried about getting wet on the way home, since I can easily change to dry clothes once I get there.

Using this philosophy, I have ridden many more days than my fair weather friends, and usually, despite the forecast, I stay dry.  Most of the time the threatened bad weather either doesn't materialize.  If it does rain, usually it's outside the narrow window in which I will be commuting. Either it's over and done with before I ever leave work, or it waits until I'm home to let loose.

 Some days, however, I get wet.

2 comments:

  1. I HATE riding in the rain, but have done it many times. My biggest frustration is no wiper blades on my faceshield. LOL. I don't trust the weathermen either. I check the weather radar each morning prior to riding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really like riding in the rain either. But more often than not, I'm dry even on days with rain in the forecast.

    ReplyDelete