Incredible Shrinking Bike

Okay, so I've been riding my Wing exclusively since I bought it on June 18.

Today I replaced my wife's V30's speedometer cable and took it for a lap around the block to make sure it was working.

The minute I sat on this bike I started laughing. It felt so small. So much smaller than it did just 3 weeks ago.

Guess I've gotten used to the bigger bike.

My wife took it out for a couple of laps around the lake tonight and commented that the seat hurts her tailbone. She expressed concern about our 500 mile trip to Wisconsin, coming up at the end of this month.

I might look into a custom seat for her, but there's no way to get that ready in 10 days.

Does anyone else have a suggestion? A product out there that would safely add some padding to the seat?

I joked with her that I could buy her one of those fuzzy seat covers like I had seen on Gold Wings when I was shopping for a Wing.

I also thought about strapping a plastic lawn chair to the bike -- since I'm bound to hear that suggestion from the group as well.

But I don't know if there are jelly doughnuts that can strap on the seat, or anything like that. Anyone have any experience with such?

No comments:

Post a Comment