Traversing Chicago By Bike

My wife and I plan to ride from Indiana to Milwaukee. This puts us going through Chicago, or going way the f*** out of our way to go around Chicago.

I'm interested in suggested routes from people who are familiar with the windy city. Also, for those who are not, are there tips and pointers you have for plotting a major metropolitan crossing? I am not sure that big slab is the way we want to do it. I'm sure Chicago's not alone in this distinction, but the driving there is aggressive and stupid fast, even in a cage.

My wife's V30 is without a windshield, and she has expressed a preference to avoid interstate traffic. Maybe a dawn crossing is best, after the drunks are home, before the mad lemmings start their insane commute.

Suggestions welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment