Cycle Recycle

I broke the clutch lever on Black Betty on her "last hurrah", the trip to Hunstville. Knocked her over in the driveway before I even left.

I bought an aftermarket part on eBay that did not fit.

I pulled Black Betty out, rode her to Cycle Recycle. For me it's a 10 mile trip.

Took the broken lever off, walked into the store.

Guy sees me and sizes me up. What year Goldwing do you have, 1981 or 82. I don't think he saw me pull up but maybe he did. I parked across the street and out of sight.

Pulls the part off the shelf and hands it to me.

$7.80.

You gotta love it. Yeah, cheaper maybe at some online place, but I'd already tried once and got the wrong part, even though it was supposed to fit a 1982 GL1100I.

This place has thousands of parts for old bikes. I saw Maggie May's side cover there, I think.

http://crc2onlinecatalog.com/

Worth a stop if you're passing through Indiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment