Magnas, Hornets and Yamahas


Thanks to input from this group, and research I've done elsewhere, I've decided what I'm experiencing must be a particularly nasty variety of the "known" carberation issue with New Magnas... that is, lean surging at 4 to 5k on the tach.

Why some are cursed with it and others don't seem to notice is a puzzlement to me. I wonder if it's partly bike specific, and partly due to different riding styles. In the canyons you'd never notice surge because you'd be rolling on and off. You notice it on the highway. My buddy with his 96 first claimed his didn't do that. Then later, after a specific description of it, he reported, yes it does, but it was hardly noticeable.

Tampering with the pilot air screws won't do diddly poo, if I'm not mistaken. That would only affect the mix at idle.

On the other side of this discussion, I floated the "I need a fuel injected bike" by my wife and she didn't flinch. Been ogling the CB900F. I sat on a YZF1 and YZF6 at the Yamaha dealer on Thursday. I can't have just *one* bike. Gonna have room in the garage shortly when the Wing sells on eBay.

(grin)

No comments:

Post a Comment