ATGATT Shopping

Yesterday was like Christmas for me:

New Metzlers for Jezebel (ME880's)

New face shield for my helmet HJC CL14 (old one was scratched). I had wanted to buy a new helmet this season but chose to extend the life of this one another season and invest in Metzlers instead.

New riding sunglasses: Curves. I can see $12 for sunglasses. I can't see $120.

New gloves -- Tour Master Airflow Gloves. Picked them up on end-of-summer clearance. These have reinforced palms, and abrasion resistant tops and bottoms, and mesh vents on the sides of the fingers and on the back of the hand. Replacing the outgoing Pakistani Leather Gloves which were basically fashion leather, no padding.

Every brand of motorcycle gloves I have ever tried on I have found that XXL fits me best. TourMaster's Airflows that I bought today was no exception. XXXL was too loose, XL was too small.

But on the trip home the right glove felt a little too tight across the ball of the hand. Only on the right side. I am right handed.

Part of this is me not being used to gloves with padded palms.

I'm wondering if there's a tried and true method for stretching gloves. I imagine if I get them wet and dry once or twice, they'll mold to the shape of my hand. That'll happen soon enough I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment