Baby's Got A New Pair Of Shoes

Jezebel is now outfitted with a new set of Metzler 880 Marathons.

I sprang for new tires at Cycle Outfitters today.

I added up the cost of my various options, buying online and then paying a premium for installation, versus buying at this place and paying a minimal amount for front and rear mounted and balanced. The two options came surprising close -- close enough that we decided to go ahead and pay a little extra and be done with it.

Cycle Outfitters had em in stock, so I got in and out today.

Comes time to pick up the bike and pay the tab and whoops, I forgot about sales tax. Mail order had free shipping and no sales tax, would've been a bigger savings than I'd estimated.

Duh!

How could I have forgotten about sales tax?!?! Rookie mistake.

Anyway, I've got new tires. Gotta break em in.

Any break-in suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Ride a lot!

    New tires can be like getting a different bike. The handling and grip may be a lot different, and even more so in the wet.
    For your sake we all hope they are a lot different... as in better!

    Give us an update as you get to know them.

    ReplyDelete