Tires - Part 2

When last we left our cheap-ass ratbike bastard, he was complaining about the price of tires and wondering whether he needed new ones before the end of the season.

The concensus was not to take any long trips on the current tires, and to avoid riding in the rain, now that the tread was almost gone down to the wear bars, especially on the rear but also on the front.

Some kindly contributed online links for cheap tire sources.

Cheap-ass ratbike bastard rejected links to Chen Shing tires, for he had learned in his first motorcycle accident "Chen Shing" is chinese for "Low Side".

Now the cheap-ass bastard wants to know where his esteemed friends have their tires changed in Indianapolis.

Cycle Outfitters is one good one I've heard.

I won't darken the door of the "96TH STREET HARLEY DAVIDSON HONDA WE HAVE HARLEY HARLEY HARLEY COME SEE OUR HARLEY HARLEY HARLEY BUY OUR HARLEY HARLEY HARLEY WORSHIP OUR HARLEY HARLEY HARLEY DON'T ASK ABOUT HONDA oh yeah well we sort of have them too" dealership again asking for anything to do with a HONDA as I don't like being treated like a leper.

Noblesville Honda gets most of my business.

I've heard Dryer is not bad too.

I wonder if any of these places will install tires I bought on line -- for a fee?

Anyone have any experience with this?

2 comments:

  1. I oughta learn how to do my own tires. I can get the wheels off okay -- been there done that -- but have never busted a bead or anything like it. I've got friends with their own wheel mounting/balancing station -- but they're in Michigan.

    Self-service tire work would be a big cost saver, and doesn't seem as hard as say, synching V4 carbs with your bare hands on a hot engine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. me880
    fr 113.95
    rr 136.95 = $250.90 delivered to your door

    http://www.swmototires.com/

    free shipping two or more.

    ReplyDelete