Tires

As I walked to my bike in the parking garage after work, I noticed a CBR600 parked near me. I noticed the tire looked strange so I snapped a photo.



At first I thought "what a narrow strip of worn tire -- how odd that a sport bike rider doesn't do any leaning." But as I studied it more, I thought the strange "light colored stripe" in the middle was due to something else. Perhaps a dual compound tire with gummy rubber on the sides and hard rubber in the middle.

Then, for contrast, I snapped a photo of my own tire.


Mine's barely broken in, less than 500 miles on it, and doesn't show any contrast of light and dark.

4 comments:

  1. looks like the guy might have been doing a lot of stoppies. the front wheel took a lot of abuse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I believe you're right. Hope he had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just dirt you morons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It most certainly is not "Just Dirt". I'm talking about the first tire photo, not the second. There is a definite line, showing separation between the center (hard) compound and the side (gummy) compound.

    ReplyDelete