V30 Progress Report

I'm working on my wife's V30 on my vacation this week. I bought a replacement headlight and speedometer cup on eBay. I already had a spare LED turn signal to match the one that got smashed. I'm still missing footpegs to replace the one that got bent -- bent but still usable. I figured I'd swap mine from the V45 and the buy cool aftermarket footpegs for my own V45. She gets the hand-me-down footpegs.


The headlight is from a CB919. I'd already modified her bike in preparation for a conversion to a round headlight. Much easier to find round headlights than rectangular, plus I like the look better. Plus, many more options for windshields when you have a round headlight.



The speedometer cup is New Old Stock, never installed, plastichrome speedometer cup from a 24 year old motorcycle that was only manufactured for 2 years. eBay is amazing

I got it running. I'm taking the time with the headlight apart to solder and shrink wrap all the custom wiring that I did earlier in the year. I should have it buttoned up and ready to ride later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment