Sport Touring Highway Pegs?

I've seen highway pegs on cruisers, but I've never seen nor heard of them on a sport tourer.

I snapped some photos of these, on a Honda ST1300 at a dealership today.


They fold back into a retracted position, hidden within the "tip over wing".



Being somewhat of a purist, I objected to the fact that the "tip over wing" had to be cut and modified in order to accommodate this after-market footpeg. However, I thought it was an ingenious design.

Are these really necessary on an ST1300?

They certainly don't go with the motif.

3 comments:

  1. I bought a set for my
    ST1300, just so I can stretch my legs out between fuel stops. It is a
    little awkward at first but I have learned to appreciate it. The
    "blades", for lack of a better word, come with a spare set of tip over
    covers, notched out for them. As I recall, the cost in 2005 dollars
    was just about $200.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are at manufacturers website
    http://www.motorcyclelarry.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_3&products_id=7

    $250.00, that's not cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The story goes ... the originals were made by a long-time ST list member. He was apparently
    contacted by Motorcycle Larry (MCL Sport Touring) and asked if he'd sell the plans. When he replied negatively, Larry just copied a set and went into production anyway. This brought some hard feelings of
    course but since the originator didn't copyright them nor otherwise protect the idea, free enterprise took over and now MCL is the only place to get them.

    ReplyDelete