Different Kind Of Saddle-Sore

I drove 1175 miles this weekend, from Indianapolis, IN to York, PA and
back, for the love of a Honda Magna.

How's that sound for starters?

I won a 1984 Honda Magna at auction on eBay. (It's actually the 2nd Magna
I've bought this summer, but I'll tell you that story another time.)

When I originally bid on the auction, I had a friend from work who was
planning on coming with me so we could ride back together. We had the
perfect plan. We'd rent a pickup or the smallest U-Haul we could find, put
his Harley in the back, drive to York, unload his Harley, turn in the rental
car, pick up my Magna, and both of us ride back.

But unfortunately, I couldn't find an available rental truck to make the
trip for less than $400. So, instead, I hooked up the trailer to my wife's
Tahoe, and drove all the way by myself to pick up the bike and trailer it
back.

So, it didn't turn out to be the 600-mile memorable motorcycle ride I'd
hoped for. But, I have to say I'm still happy with the end result. Now I
have a Magna of my very own!

I'll post pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment