Re: Ouch, Damn

Okay, my wounds have closed, I've slept since my wreck, and I went back over the bike a second time.

There's more than cosmetic damage. The thing that concerns me most is -- the brace at the front fender of the 1984 Honda Magna V30 is cracked.

Is this brace cosmetic or structural in nature? How serious is this? Can I ride it around my subdivision, should I not ride at all until it's repaired?

As for the rest of the damage, I thought I could tape up the turn signals and ride until the replacements come from Dennis Kirk. I may hold off installing the replacements until I've gotten a few hundred miles experience at least.

The saddle bags -- just a bummer, not anything I can do about it. The muffler -- also just a bummer. Although I did get one good, tongue-in-cheek suggestion off list, that I just convince whomever notices the muffler road rash that the pipes drag when you lean hard in a corner. Sounds better than having to say, "I dropped my bike

No comments:

Post a Comment