Cracked Front Fork Brace

After reading the horror stories of cracked front fork braces on Magnas and the resulting instability, I have decided not to ride until my replacement stock part comes in. Found it at bikebandit.com for $55.00.

I may also talk to my local "Jurassic" bike shop, who specialize in older bikes and who have access to a machine shop for parts fabrication. I may work with them to design a more substantial replacement.

The jury is out from the group whether after-mark braces -- such as superbrace -- meant for a V45 would work on a V30?

Thanks for all the support and advice. Meanwhile, I've managed to borrow my wife's Magna a time or two.

Regards,
The Rat

1984 Honda Magna V30 (Red) -- "Katie" (my wife's)
1984 Honda Magna V30 (Black) -- as yet unnamed (mine)

No comments:

Post a Comment