Learning The Hard Way

1984 Honda Magna V30 Black

  • Bought the bike 9/18/2004
  • Wrecked the bike 9/20/2004

Here's a summary of the damage.






Left Front Blinker. Also, road rash on the speedometer housing.














Right Front Blinker. I taped it up and kept on riding.














Left Muffler. Hardly noticeable and didn't affect the bike's rideability.














Left Saddle Bag. Hardly noticeable; I put a little shoe polish on the scuffs and kept riding.














Left Rear Blinker. I taped this one up and though it still drooped, it was functional.














Fork Brace. This was probably the most serious damage and the item I had to send away for a replacement part. I bought a replacement on eBay. I don't recommend riding without one, or with a broken one. It lends stability to the front forks.
















This is why I bought a used bike to begin with! It's a learning experience. I wanted to buy a used bike in case I did have a mishap. Not expensive to repair. Tape it up (for the most part) and keep riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment