Choke Cable Routing

The parts I was waiting for from Honda came in. Carbs had been cleaned and reassembled waiting for the last two parts. I seated the carbs on the Magna in about 2 minutes.

What was so hard on the V30 was a piece of cake on the new bike. I'm sure having rubber carb boots that are actually flexible makes all the difference.

Now I'm trying to locate the proper routing for the choke cable. (Of all things...)

The cable is oriented so that the cable end mounts to the carb rack running out to the right of the bike (as you sit on the bike). Yet I know that the choke knob mounts on the left side of the bike. Somehow this cable has to do a 180 turn and come out on the left side of the bike.

This is so simple that it doesn't bear mention in the Honda Service Manual. (All other cables and tubes -- fuel lines and throttle cables) appear on the "cable routing" pictures in the manual.

So far I haven't found a description nor picture of the choke cable routing. Not in the service manual nor on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment