GL1100 Clutch Finesse

Did you know I bought a 1982 Wing without ever having ridden a Wing of any stripe, any year, any model? I'm wishing I had ridden one that I knew to be in good working order, so I could compare mine to it.

I bought it with a disclosure from the previous owner that there were some shifting problems.

I am longing for my hydraulic clutch right now.

If I adjust it with adequate play in the lever, it is hard to shift.

If I adjust it so that it's easy to shift, it slips when I roll on the throttle in 3rd gear.

Assuming I can't get the right feel by adjusting the clutch cable, is my next logical step to service the clutch -- replace the clutch plates etc? According to previous owner this was done by the stealer in 4/2005. I suppose that if the clutch cable was ridden by the previous owner for 1000 miles with that kind of slippage, that the clutch might need replacing again so soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment