My GL1100



Bought the 1982 Gold Wing Interstate on eBay, drove Tahoe and trailer up to Detroit from Indianapolis on Saturday. Seller bought me lunch. Took it for a test drive. Didn't like the shifting but liked everything else. Figgered I'd fiddle with clutch cable adjustment.



Bike wasn't as nice as it looked in the pictures, and there were blemishes that I personally would've mentioned in the listing if it were my listing. Whaddaya expect for a 24 year old bike?



But all told I still tought it was a fair price. Not as sweet a deal as I originally thought. But not bad.



Today I fiddled with the clutch cable adjustment. Too loose and it won't shift into neutral, too tight and it will slip when it's in gear under a heavy load. I'm gonna monkey with it some more. Gee my hydraulic clutch was easier to work with.

Oil on my shifting toe after riding it around all afternoon. Looks like oil's leaking out of the left head. Head gasket, or valve cover gasket? I'll have to look closer...

No comments:

Post a Comment