Somewhere In Time

I took the entire Saturday and rode around on my wife's bike, visiting various dealers looking for a good used bike.

I was looking for a Suzuki Marauder, Suzuki Intruder, or Honda Shadow.

I also stopped by the Triumph dealer to eye the gorgeous Bonnevilles and Americas.

The Triumph dealer is also a Victory dealer, but the Victories did nothing for me. Nice bikes, but not for me.

If I could afford a new bike it'd be a new Triumph America or a Suzuki M50.

But what am I gonna do since I can't afford a new one?

I don't really like the Harley-clones that Honda and Suzuki and Kawazaki and Yamaha are turning out these days. I don't want a cruiser that looks like it thinks it a Harley.

Somewhere along the road Honda Shadows started being blatant copies of Harley. They used to have their own look, now they copy everything. Same with Kawasaki Vulcans. Cheap imitations with no style of their own.

I'm gonna go a different direction with this, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment