Great Rides: Geist Reservoir

This route is another "Suburban Secret", like the Suburban-Indianapolis Fall Creek Parkway" route I recently posted.

This one explores the Geist Reservoir in Northeast Indianapolis. And I've laid out the route as a sort of "scenic detour" which lets you skip the busy interchange between I-465 and I-69.

If you're heading North, hop off I-465 and Shadeland/56th street. Turn right on Fall Creek Road, and follow it across Geist Reservoir. Pick up Olio Road and take that North to rejoin I-69 to continue your northbound trek.

If you're heading South, hop of I-69 and SR 238 and head south. Take Olio Road to 96th street and head east. Bear right on 96th Street to Fall Creek Road, and follow that over the reservoir, and along Fall Creek until the intersection with Shadeland. Take Shadeland Avenue south from Fall Creek to rejoin I-465 headed south.


View Larger Map

Next time you're passing through Indy on two wheels, instead of sticking to the megaslab, take a little scenic detour. You'll miss one of Indy's busiest interchanges, and you'll see some good motorcycle roads in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment