Keeping Up With Bob

Followers of this blog know Bob as the creator of the Magnaceptor, a Honda Magna with an Interceptor engine.

Bob recently sold his creation and bought a Harley Davidson Night Rod.

This gave me the idea; maybe it's time to change bikes myself.

Keeping up with Bob doesn't refer to riding. I'll never be able to keep up with Bob on the street, no matter what I'm riding. Though younger than me, he has been riding decades longer than I have.

I'm talking about "keeping up with Bob" in a "keep up with the Joneses" sort of way. Now that Bob has sold his Magna and bought new bike, I'm seriously thinking of following him into the ranks of new bike ownership.

My purchase won't be a Harley, though.

I've already floated this past my wife, and she didn't freak out. That's the first step in a new bike purchase.

Bikes under consideration

  • Used Honda ST1100




  • New Honda ST1300 ABS


  • New or Used Triumph Tiger ST




I'm gonna test drive an ST1300 at the local Honda dealer, and a Tiger at the local Triumph dealer.

1 comment:

  1. These motorcycles look pretty sweet!! Hubby and I are saving up to buy another bike next year so we don't have to share. Can't wait to see what you decide.

    ReplyDelete