Sic Transit Gloria: Magnaceptor For Sale

I'm sad to report that Bob's putting his Magnaceptor up for sale.



Sadder still because it's an end of an era. Bob will cease to be a Honda owner, and will join the ranks of Harley riders. He's buying a 2011 Night Rod Special, which is what pushes the Magnaceptor out of the garage (figuratively) and onto the auction block.

For those unfamiliar with his creation, he transplanted a VFR750 motor into the frame of a 3rd gen magna. Consequently he has a one-of-a-kind Magna, with gear-driven cams, 6 speed transmission, and 95 rwhp, dyno tested.

This was his winter project a few years ago. He spent an entire month of evenings after work soldering the wiring harness from the VFR with the Magna's connectors. It runs flawlessly. And noticeably faster than the stock Magna. You can hear the difference in the sound of the engine - mechanics smarter than me can explain why.

The body is a 96 Magna. It was professionally painted mustang blue. The odometer has 53,000 but the engine has 15,000. He put on Vance+Hines pipes, mustang two-up seat, VTX style headlight, and custom grips.



Note: The bike was sold on eBay.

4 comments:

  1. Inquiring about the bike just got easier. Bob has listed the bike on eBay. on eBay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Magnaceptor is such a nice bike.
    Personally, I would keep it and add a used bike or two to my stable for the price of the Night Rod.
    Whoever buys it is going to get a really nice bike. And you are right it is noticeably faster than stock. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to confess I'm a little depressed about the sale of the Magnaceptor. It's a great bike and a great story. If I were truly upset about it, I suppose I would buy it myself. But there are a few things about it that don't suit me - most notably the loud, aftermarket pipes. Not my cup of tea. It'll make somebody a great, unique ride.

    ReplyDelete