The Universal Conspiracy

About the time I decided I was in the market for an ST, about the time that I decided I would head to my local Honda dealer at my next opportunity for a test drive, about the time that I started combing classified ads looking for used ST's for sale

... the universe began to conspire against me to ensure that I would have no time to do any bike shopping.

With the exception of my "First Test of ST" test drive, I've been thwarted at every turn. Work schedule keeps me chained to the office until the dealership has closed. Except for Saturdays, when I'm usually off.

Then out of town trips, prior engagements ... and work, calling me in to work on a Saturday ... have kept me out of those dealerships the past three Saturdays.

I keep thinking things will change. I'll take off work early to hit the dealership before they close.

Fat chance.

The current project I'm working on at work, the one that's keeping me busy with lots of overtime, will probably keep me busy until ... at this rate, the first snow of the season.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain!
    June - September are my favorite riding days.
    But of course this is the time my company plans their disaster recovery exercise (August). It is also the time that all projects suddenly be "critical". Because everybody else took too much time with their steps. Guess who's steps fall at the end of the process and has to try to make up the time? Everyday I say that I am leaving the office at 3:30 - 4pm. But no...6 - 6:30 roles around before I leave.
    Hang in there! Work with the Craigs List people for later tests. You will eventually make it to a dealer.

    ReplyDelete