Blue ST1300

I spied this beauty on Craigslist and began conversing with the seller.

I knew I wanted an ST with ABS. I didn't think it would be blue.


Since Craigslist is really positioned as a local want-ads, I used a search aggregator to search across multiple cities until I found what I wanted. Search Tempest fills this very needed role. Craigslist lack of long-range scanning is the number one reason why I hate Craigslist. Search Tempest allowed me to specify a search radius, and it pulled back Craigslist listings from all cities within that radius.


I had to bump up my search radius to 400 miles to find what I was looking for. 400 miles is doable in a weekend-run. 8 hours out, 8 hours back.


The egg carton luggage is a little cheesy. I wouldn't have had that strapped on the bike when taking "For Sale" pictures, but that's just my opinion. Perhaps the seller wanted to show how useful the rear luggage rack is.


7 years old and only 20,000 miles means less than 3,000 miles per year. This poor sport tourer was underutilized!

I hope to put some road miles on this bike, in addition to using it as a commuter.

No comments:

Post a Comment