Cold Weather Ride

I bought my "new to me" ST1300 last Saturday and brought it home.  I took it for a ride on Sunday, and again on Tuesday night.  Then we were plunged into a cold snap, and it's been rainy and cold for the past several days.

This afternoon while working in my home office, slaving over bills and tax forms, I noticed the thermometer perched atop the 45 degree mark.

Time for a ride!

First, I installed the wiring harness for my Gerbing heated gear.  It attaches to the battery of the bike, and allows me to plug in my controller and my heated jacket.  Installation was a snap.  Honda finally wised up and put bolts to hold on the side cover.  I'm sure fewer side covers are lost on this model of bike than on the previous model, with friction fit rubber tabs holding on the side cover.

Fired up the bike.  Gotta love that fuel injection.  No messing with choke.  She purred along happily while I donned my gear.

Out on the street the face shield on my full-face helmet was fogging up.  I rolled up the power windshield, and opened my face mask about an inch.

The bike purred along happily, and with heated gear on max, I was actually getting toasty.  I think the full fairing plus windshield plus heated gear will afford plenty of protection from the cold.

A quick 4 mile ride "around the block" was all I had time for.  But I blew out the cobwebs from my brain, and arrived back home with a smile on my face.

Now, back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment