Made It Home Safe

This is the fifth bike I've bought out of state and trailered home.  (I wrote up some tips and tricks about trailering your bike, in case you ever need to do it.)


I had to learn the hard way.  I've bent kickstands because of improper trailering.  I've had a bike fall over and dent the gas tank because it was improperly strapped in.  I have friends who have blown their front fork seals from over tightening the straps.  

The seller might have thought I was overly cautious in my trailering techniques.  He was kind enough to help me load the bike and strap it in.  


Ultimately I let him go while I continued to fiddle with the straps and ratchets.  He had trailered bikes for short distances, I don't think he's trailered them for four hundred miles.  

Getting the bike into the trailer took just a few minutes.  Getting it secured may have taken another full hour.  

No comments:

Post a Comment