www.ST-Owners.com

I'm not used to such a fancy online forum as the ST-Owners.  Since beginning my search for an ST1300A, culminating finally with my purchase of the bike last week, I've begun to explore the st-owner's site.

Back when I owned an older Goldwing, I found a helpful community at goldwingfacts.com -- which was especially attuned to the needs of owners of older Goldwings.  I also used to frequent "Naked Gold Wings", as I imagined at the time that I would strip my 1982 Interstate "naked".  These plans never materialized, and I sold the bike intact a year after purchasing it.

Then I bought a Magna.  For whatever reason, I never got involved with a "Magna Owners Group", though there were a few out there.  Perhaps it was the fact that it was a dead bike, no longer in production.  Perhaps it was the fact that the folks at SabMag met all my needs.

I've been a member of SabMag for the past 7 years -- as much as anyone can be a member of a loose affiliation of folks who have no formal organizational structure or membership.  Don't get me wrong, they're a great bunch of folks.  They just don't have a fancy organizational structure, or even a fancy website.  They're essentially a listserv -- and beneath that, in the real world, a community of folks who love motorcycles and who now, or at some time in the past, owned a Honda V4 such as a Magna, Sabre, Interceptor, or ST.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great site. It is fun and educational to be part of a focused, niche forum. That is why I started DRRiders.com for DR650 riders. (That was shameless plug!)
    I am looking forward to seeing the new ride!

    ReplyDelete